The 2020 Photo Challenge will have more prizes with the purpose of riding more…and learning a bit of history along the way!
Items to Photograph:
Historical Markers (Federal, State, Local)
How to Submit:
Email to Photographer@DHDHOG.com or print & bring to a Chapter Gathering
What to Submit:
- Photo of the Historical Marker AND your Bike
- Your Name
- Name of Nearest Town or Intersection [to measure distance*]
- Year of the Event on the Marker [to measure age**]
- One Entry per Marker/Bike photo [Yes, you can have one entry for each bike!]
- Contest end date is 12/1/2020. Winners announced at December Chapter Gathering.
- By submitting, you give DHDHOG permission to include your photo in our Holiday Party slideshow and newsletter.
- $50 Defiance H-D Gift Certificate – random drawing with each entry
- $25 Defiance H-D Gift Certificate – furthest distance* from the dealership
- $25 Defiance H-D Gift Certificate – oldest event date** noted on the marker
What is a Historical Marker?
A plaque or sign designating an historical event or place.
Where can I find Historical Markers
- The Historical Marker Database A listing of markers by country and state.
- National Monuments in the State of Nebraska
- Iowa’s 26 National Historic Landmarks